View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #149
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywoodjay
you wish.

look fellas, some of you make some solid points, but a lot of you are delusional.... take it from a moderately unbiased outsider. i just read so many posts on here the completely lack any shred of objectivity, it's kind of outstanding.

yall have a great team, but you haven't earned a damn thing yet that garners the arrogance i've read on here. things like "we might have lost in the finals, but everyone will remember us for being the better team...." i mean, is that a serious comment (not exact quote, btw)?

label me a troll if you will since it seems like nearly everyone on here that even raises slight criticism of the mavs is considered a troll (which should raise flags about the utter lack of objectivity on this board), but this is how most people outside of dallas feel.

hj
Appropriate criticism is always welcome since this is a discussion forum, but if you want to criticize the Mavericks on a Mavericks board you better be prepared to defend your argument well because at least one person will probably disagree with a negative comment (especially inaccurate or unfactual opinion bashing the Mavs). We don't have a groupthink type atmosphere here that you seem to be insinuating but it shouldn't come as a surprise that we share primarily positive views about our team and their recent success. Confidence is also appropriate in this situation, the best record in the league? Yeah, we should be pretty damn happy about that... even an objective person such as yourself should agree with that.

We all know some "outside, objective" people may see Dirk as starting the war of words (how many months ago), but if Wade was as classy as he's coming off he wouldn't have brought it up after it was indefinietly put to rest so long ago. It should be noted that it was Wade who brought the argument back up again and the only plausible reason for it was to try and defend himself from the media onslaught. Why else would he have waited so long? If he was going to defend his team he should have done it right after the comment was made, I think the media isn't thinking this out as clearly as they should... Wade said the comments to benefit himself adding to the list of reasons I hate him: selfishness.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote