View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #150
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
yeah, thig, i'd agree with that. he made the unbreakable vow, so he really was forced to kill dumbledore.

So why did snape agree to the unbreakable vow in the first place, when he obviously knew what Draco was supposed to do? maybe it was because being killed was also part of dumbledore's plan. a little bit of obi-wan kenobi action. "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
I think he was under strict orders to do everything in his powers to keep appearing as a Death Eater, no matter the cost.

The part of the book I'd forgotten about until this last reading, that really convined me, was the part where Hagrid tells Harry about hearing Snape and Dumbledore arguing. Dumbledore told him that he agreed to the plan, and he must follow through with it. I think they knew at that time what would possibly happen.

Quote:
as to harry being a horcrux, it would explain why he is so linked to voldemort, aside from just being marked. he actually has a piece of voldemort's soul within him. if that happens, i wouldn't be surprised. and that would lead to both harry and voldemort needing to be destroyed.
The only thing about Harry being a Horcrux is, I'm not sure a wizard could have a piece of Voldemort in him without ever being interested in some of the dark things Voldemort was interested in. I also would think he'd be a bit better at Occlumency. Maybe that's nit picking.

Or maybe I'm just in denial because I don't want to see Harry die. He's had a rough life, he deserves to kick it on the beach with Ginny after Voldemort is gone.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote