View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #169
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
If all of those other inanimate objects can be horcruxes, I don't see why Harry's lifeless body can't also serve the same purpose. Maybe Voldemort's soul is encased inside of his bones, and not his flesh. Voldemort could kill him without destroying himself. Then Voldy could tote DeadHarry around like those zany kids on "Weekend at Bernies". Rowling could write a light-hearted comedic sequel, "My Eternity with Harry".

Seriously, if that really is the ending of the series, it would be incredibly anti-climatic at this point. Let's hope she's got something better up her sleeve.
It is generally assumed that the diary that almost brought Voldemort back while
Genny Weasley would have died was a horcrux and that that horcrux was destroyed with the tooth of the baselisk. The diary still exists as it was given back to Malfoy with Harry's sock. But, the horcrux issue was eliminated. So, the death of Harry would surely destroy the horcrux issue if Harry was a horcrux.

It actually will be interesting to see how horcruxes are inactivated. Surely, killing Voldemort's pet snake Nagini will eliminate that horcrux rather than Nagini's bones continuing to serve as a horcrux.

No, I think it is crazy to think that Harry is a horcrux because Voldemort would know it and would want to not kill him due to that eliminating a horcrux and a part of his own soul. Voldemort would want to imprison or otherwise control/contain Harry rather than trying to kill Harry. And, it still doesn't make sense due to the prophecy that indicates that Harry's death would be beneficial to Voldemort. If Harry was a horcrux, then his death would upset Voldemort the same way the destruction of the diary upset Voldemort. Every destruction of each horcrux makes Voldemort closer to mortal. Therefore, Harry's death would hurt Voldemort, not benefit him (if Harry is a horcrux).

Harry can't be a horcrux because his death is susposed to benefit Voldemort.

I could be wrong about using a horcrux to come back to life. That was just my understanding and I may have to go back and read again.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote