View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #20
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
F-em to the national media? That's what they want you to say....

I think that some of us are saying that we're going to look like a bunch of jack asses of the mavs dont win it all. We should keep our mouths shut, the mavs haven't done anything yet.

Historically, the teams with the best regular season record win the NBA championship less than half the time (I heard this on the radio this morning, I don't have numbers..)

For me, I just feel that the more we "enjoy" stupid crap like 51 out of 56, it's going to make us feel like a bunch of idiots when this thing gets de-railed.
a) I look like a jack-ass about 90% of the time anyway, and I'm quite comfortable with this;

b) 92bdad's analogy re watching a perfect game is great....it's also kind of like watching Sosa and McGuire chase 61 (minus the hgh, of course), or watching Peyton Manning have a ridiculous season one year before he got a super bowl ring;

c) I've enjoyed a helluva lot of mavericks' seasons prior to this one, and we all know how none of those turned out....i'm not going to enjoy this one less just because the mavs have raised expectations;

d) if i had a nickel for everytime some lame-ass spurs fan with a double digit iq says, "Spurs 3, Mavs 0", I'd buy the Spurs and rename them the Dallas-doesn't-want-us-Chaparells. Such a taunt is nigh-on worthless as a basis for an argument, and it's really not terribly different from saying "oh yeah, my favorite rock star gets more tail than your favorite rock star." It's actually kind of gay, now that I think about it.

e) bravado aside, I do so hope the mavs win it all so we can say to all Suns fans "Mavs 1, Suns none...."

cheers

Last edited by alexamenos; 03-07-2007 at 03:24 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote