View Single Post
Old 04-22-2001, 04:02 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

This is what Mel Kiper had to say about the Cowboys' drafting debacle of the last two days (article courtesy of Madape):

FIRST-DAY LOSERS
Dallas Cowboys:They reached for quarterback Quincy Carter, who I thought would be a sixth- or seventh-round pick. But the Cowboys took him in the second round. They took safety Tony Dixon, who I projected as a fifth- or sixth-round pick. That's what they have been doing in recent years, and they are fast becoming much like the old Arizona Cardinals with their very questionable draft choices. They have been doing it since Jimmy Johnson left. I used to be critical of the Cardinals; now it seems like I'm critical of the Cowboys every year -- and for good reason. I'd give them an "F" grade.

He has pretty much summed up some of my thoughts on the matter. The Tony Banks era continues to forge full speed ahead...