Thread: March Madness
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 08:29 AM   #6
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

my favorite time of the year, especially this first weekend. always take off thursday and friday and clear the schedule of all commitments (read: chores) to enjoy the tourney.

of course, my team, u of memphis, got no favors as a #2 seed. the wife's alma mater, unt, is first (do i hear a jub jub "mmmm hmmmmmmmm"), then probably "shoulda been a #4 seed" nevada. if they survive that they probably run into a&m in san antonio. oh, then, if they can somehow stop acie law, oh, they get greg oden. thanks, tourney committee.

i've watched them all year long, and i still can't figure u of memphis out. 3 losses, all to tourney teams, all neutral site/road games. wins over gonzaga on the road and kentucky at a neutral site. avg victory of 17+ ppg., but stuggle against so. miss and smu. are they the team that had ga. tech down 16 at half early in the year, or the team that gave up 62 and got outscored by 23 in the second half of the same game? if hunt and mack make their three's and dorsey stays outta foul trouble, they're one tough out. if dorsey picks up two fouls in the first four minutes against fazekas, they might be done this weekend.

my hoop pants are officially going crazy, and it's only monday.

Last edited by mnmpeanut; 03-12-2007 at 08:35 AM.
mnmpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote