View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
Furthermore since some people use the MVP argument that Dirk is the best player on the best team RECORD wise shouldn't he be equally responsible for the losses they suffer, especially if he has a direct chance to change it into a win? I really couldn't believe how he missed those FT's myself, in fact let me ask you something: whens the last time Dirk missed three FT's in the same quarter? I don't think you should judge people who call it a choke because it was either a once in a lifetime occurance for FT shooter of his caliber or he was feeling at least a little pressure.
I completely hold the dirkster responsible for his actions in that game and his actions directly caused the team to lose. What I really am railing against I guess (see my previous mea culpa) is the rudeness of the "choker" tag. I saw dirk miss ft's he normally makes and possibly that's a choke, but I just hate it I guess.

Maybe I can't dissassciate my fandom from the game, probably not, but dirk is not superman, not untouchable and certainly not beyond reproach or criticism.

Maybe it's the word choker that I object to because it seems so demeaning and I seldom see atheletes deserve the label however it's thrown around with such abandon. Every game there is a choker, because every game someone loses.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 03-17-2007 at 12:04 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote