View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #250
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

among other things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
under the guidlines that you attribute to conservatism it would be impossible for an atheist to be a conservative..
no it wouldn't -- i harbor my own questions and quibbles re the nature and existence of a big dude in the sky, but I'm nonetheless quite comfortable with the argument that obedience to God is the bedrock of civil society (hint: even if said obedience is nothing more than a silly ole superstition, it's still the best we've got). this is classicly conservative on many levels...

.....it surprises me not that you mistake a baby killin' hedonist's plea for more power as "conservative", given the incredibly sorry state of conservative thought these days.

politely as I may -- I know the establishment liberal arguments by rote and I find them most uncompelling. pardon me if i'm curt.

and pardon curt if he's carl.

cheers