View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 08:29 AM   #10
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
He's talking Aggie, who played one HELL of a game but missed a run-out layup that might have put a stranglehold on the game, and then defended three straight shots without collecting the defensive rebound. The fourth shot was, for Memphis, the charm. They got the rebound and then were fouled with 3.1 seconds remaining. Dude drained them both.

Aggie inbounded poorly but were saved when Memphis deflected the ball out of bounds. The refs ran the clock down to 2.0 seconds, though, presumably because the ball bounced in-bounds as opposed to on the sideline, after the Memphis player deflected it. A desperation heave later, the Aggie's wonderful season came to a bitter end.
The only problem I had with the time they ran off the clock was that, when watching the replay at regular speed and sound, it's very obvious that the ref blew it dead immediately, as if it hit the sideline.

So, when looking at a replay, does the actual event take precedent over when the ref blew his whistle?

That was my only question.

Oh, and I thought that was a rather weak foul call at the end. Clearly I'm biased, and the Aggies had plenty of cracks at that rebound...but still, that was a pretty ticky tack call.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote