View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
the politicians speak of morals and goals to appease the people but take actions that preserve their power as a means as meeting the goals of a government which goals are about security and stability and economics.
I think a person so-inclined could make the case that this is backwards -- politicians generally use the means and goals of government to preserve their power. They frequently rationalize their actions as "I must make sure I stay in office so I can serve the people better", but it's a rather transparent rationalization, imo.

cheers