View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #23
usafreedom3

usafreedom3 has a spectacular aura aboutusafreedom3 has a spectacular aura aboutusafreedom3 has a spectacular aura about

"but dammit I'm getting sick and tired of being called unpatriotic because I question authority. If no one ever questioned our government we'd still be a bunch of colonialists. All of the sudden I don't support the troops, because I want the people who put them in harms way held accountable for those actions. How many of you wanted Clinton strung up by his nads over Somalia? An ill advised descicion that put troops in a bad way. Yet we just let W run willy-nilly and do whatever he wants, (that's right I said, "willy-nilly") and you can't say anything about it or you're undermining the troops. That's a double standard. Sick of it"

I never called you unpatriotic. In fact, that is one of the oldest tricks in the liberal playbook. On page 2 is says clearly "when engaged in an argument with a conservative over national security, and you find yourself losing the argument (all the time), immediately accuse the conservative of questioning your patriotism to diffuse their argument. It is helpful if you can get a camera from NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, Air America (are they still around?), or almost any major news publication to film this event. Whatever you do, do not let a Fox News camera catch you doing this"

You can love your country as much as I do, and because you don't believe as I do does not make you one bit unpatriotic, but it still makes you dead wrong about the war we are in (if you admit we are engaged in one at all) and the severity of the threat we face from radical islam. We should all be in this together, but unfortunately we are not.

My whole point of this is that I like Mark Cuban, I love the Mavs, and it infuriates me when these comspiracy theories (the ones so utterly ridiculous) are produced and distributed. It emboldens our enemy and it hurts our cause.
Some things (like accusing our Govt of 911) are so stupid, so ridiculous, and so hurtful to all of the victims of 911 that they do not deserve the other side. There is only one side on 911.
usafreedom3 is offline   Reply With Quote