View Single Post
Old 06-11-2002, 03:42 PM   #7
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I'm on the side of Hoops and TheKid. Nash is a very good player and is great for the team, but for the Mavs' future the deal would be a very wise move. Nash is 28, and the way he plays he is going to break down. I will disagree with Hoops on one thing: I don't think he has 5 years left. If you meant of "very good level" play. I think he has 3 years left of being a good all star type point guard, then he will drop off drastically.

Andre Miller is the anti-Nash. Not a great shooter/scorer, doesn't run and gun, doesn't show flashes of brillance (the Minnesota series where Nash made tremedous "I can't believe he frickin' did that!" plays), but Miller is steady. Out of all the point guards, he has a pretty good shot of getting close to Stockton's assist record. He is a pass first/shoot second point guard a la Stockton, but he's built like a Mac truck for his size.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote