Thread: 300
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #97
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

I'm grunching this thread:

Got around to seeing this the other night. Not all people think this way (including myself at times), but a decent way to judge a film is to determine if it accomplished what it set out to do.

300 did exactly that. It was an attempt to put a graphic novel onto film, and more than any other "comic book" movie, it achieved it's goal. I felt that I was watching a graphic novel. The problem with that is something sike brought up (one of the few posts I read). Comic book lines sound cheesy as dialogue. That's what will happen when you try to foist one medium onto a completely different medium. The transition cannot be perfect.

But, whatever. I enjoyed it for what it was. It wasn't trying to be historically accurate, it wasn't trying to be a sweeping epic. It was trying to be an exciting recreation of an embellished myth, and it did that.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote