View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 AM   #33
usafreedom3

usafreedom3 has a spectacular aura aboutusafreedom3 has a spectacular aura aboutusafreedom3 has a spectacular aura about

Been a few days, and I have really enjoyed your arguments. There are many brave men and women overseas fighting to protect our rights to say these things freely, without Government persecution.

I will make this long (which I suppose will make some of you unhappy), but the one part that was discussed that struck me is the debate about emboldening our enemies.

We all have our points of view, but I think world events prove things better than anything and I will point to three of them involving Iran.

1) The original 444 day hostage taking in 1979. We appeared weak and impotent under Jimmy Carter, and they were testing our resolve to see what consequences there would be , if any. Our hostages stayed there for 444 days under Jimmy Carter, and do you rememeber the day they were realeased? Inauguration day for Ronald WIlson Reagan. Coincidence? HMMMMMM I feel very certain that the rhetoric coming from Reagan as he was campaigning compelled them to release our people as they did not want to mess with him. This taught them something about us, and about us under certain leaders, and this was really the beginning of terrorism in the modern day form we see today. They saw us as weak under Carter, and it emboldened them.

2) September 1987 when the Iranians were attempting to lay mines to blow up our naval ships. Instead of jacking around with UN type diplomacy (sometimes diplomacy is the right method), Reagan went on the offensive and attacked the mine laying ships. Message sent and crisis averted.

3) This recent capture of British folks is a direct result of the enemy being emboldened. They are emboldened by a lot of the political and media rhetoric here and in Britain (and in Europe), and they perceive Bush and Blair as politically weakened (weakened from within). One needs to look no further than the "retreat and surrender act of 2007" that was just passed by a Democratic controlled congress as one of the main examples of our innate weakness under certain types of leadership.

Bottom line is talking and negotiating is all well and good, but these regimes and the terrorists they support are flat out "evil" and the ONLY THING they respect is power. This may be a simplification for some of you that analyze these things, but it is the truth (in my opinion). It is tiem the world community stand up to terrorism now or we will be dealing with this for many, many years.

Oh yeah, there was a question to me that went something like "how many terrorists do we have to kill"? The simple and complex answer is "as many as it takes". There are many children who are being brain-washed and indoctrinated in the Madrassas to hate Jews and Americans, and thinking Jihad leads them to paradise. We need to put a stop to this, but in the meantime we can make a big dent on terrorism by killing them , staying on the offensive, and not relenting to their evil. We need to show the type of backbone we had under Reagan, and under GW, and not let the left in this country degrade our will to fight.

God bless our troops and the USA and please pray for the safe release of the British sailrs and Marines
usafreedom3 is offline   Reply With Quote