View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #27
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by albigensian
I'm not hating on Dirk or anything, but I really think that Kobe, with his skills on offense and defense, can get the Mavs to the title and win it.
Kobe's game is multi-faceted; he can shoot from the perimeter or pump fake and drive to the basket. If fouled he hits his free throws with regularity. He can post, high post or low post, and if double, he can kick it to the open man or back it out to the 3 point line and hit 3. Of course Dirk can do all of these things but i think Kobe does them better.I also feel Kobe is a better late game player; we all know he's had great finishes like the playoffs last year. Dirk is great but I can't see him scoring 50 points 4 straight games, 81 points in a single game, or 63 in 3 quarters in a game in which he just about single handedly beat us. I know many people, especially on this forum, don't like Kobe but you have to respect his game. Just think about it before bombing on me.
Kobe is a highly skilled individual and he is attempting to mature into a team player, however he is a prima-donna in the elk of T.O. and does more harm to his team than good. The main difference between Kobe and Dirk is that Dirk has always and continues to be a Team player and leader on and off the court. Dirk's work ethic has helped to make the rest of the team better. Kobe shows repeatedly that he is out for himself...This is why Shaq left...Kobe basically caused that team to break up...

Not that I mind, as I hate the Lakers, but had Kobe played with Dirk's heart and humbleness, the Lakers may already of had another 3 Championships!!!

At the end of the day, I have never wanted to have Kobe over Dirk and I doubt I ever well...Dirk is one of the greatest players of all time and this will be the first of multiple NBA Championships to come his way.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote