View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #42
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by albigensian
Fresh off of the nuking I received for my last thread I'm for more.
Ok, last year after the playoffs, a friend and I had a conversation where he suggested that if the Mavericks had KG instead of Dirk, they would have won the title. Now I know everyone and their dog knows KG will never be sent to the Mavs for Dirk but just hypothetically speaking, what
the f*** if? Sure Dirk is by far the superior perimeter player, but Garnett is a better post player, passer, and rebounder. Both players are great teammates as well as unselfish. One major negative on Garnett though is that late in games, he has a 'way' of not getting the ball and when he does he often passes to a teammate who will not make the big shot. Dirk finds a way to get the ball and hit the big shot or freethrows (tonight's game was a perfect example). Just a thought. Fire when ready....
Another ridiculous post. Garnett doesn't cause any kind of mismatchs, he causes some doubles. We have a guy who plays him straight up, damp/diop. NO ONE can cover dirk, NO ONE. Garnett is a find player but dirk is unstoppable, uguardable and unlike anything you have ever seen.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote