View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 02:56 AM   #77
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

okay - lets place the argument in a vacuum, because there are too many other mitigating factors otherwise. if you were starting a franchise for one year and all the players were in a pool, who would you begin with? Kobe or Dirk? or someone else?

I think either player is a good enough foundation to win a championship with, but it depends on what else you put around them. It depends on the system you want for your team. The system that the team wants is what a good GM will have in mind and build around, all the way through the 12 spot and the entire coaching staff. You don't just win with players, you win with a system.

I would argue that Dirk brings more to the table. There is no other player like him in the league. Just like there is no other player like Nash, or Shaq, in this league. No one comes close. I'd argue that there a lot of players that can be like Kobe. Vince Carter, Paul Pierce, Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Tracy McGrady - Kobe is probably the best wingman in the NBA, but give me an efficient 2 and an unguardable, dominant, and unique 4 over an efficient 4 and a brilliant 2 any day.

Agree? Disagree?
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote