View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #79
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Without prejudice, the easy counter to that is to ask whose team is making who better.
In all honesty, when Howard, Harris, Daniels, and even Jet(1 game during the second half stretch where Howard was out) were out at times last season, Dirk had no one else other than JET at times on his team yet the Mavs kept winning. Sure, Stack was there, but he was playing like a 12th man the second half of last season.

So what's my point? Well, for the most part, I think Dirk has shown that he's going to get his efficiently regardless of who else is around him. But when there's less around him, he stepped up his scoring while maintaining his efficiency and kept winning. The second half lf last year should have shown alot of people more about dirk than it obviously did. Dirk carried a team to a great record through all the injuries last year when the team probably didn't have any business winning at that high of a rate.

So again, what's my point? Dirk is Dirk. He's going to be an efficient scorer over the course of a season regardless of who's on his team. It just depends upon who's on his team to determine just how much he's going to need to score. He'll gladly take a back seat for stretches if there are other capable players... Or, he'll more than gladly take the reigns when that's needed.

Last edited by Murphy3; 03-31-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote