View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 03:53 PM   #15
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Mavzy45 and mkat both hit the nail on the head. This is why we do not want to face a team like the Heat and the same way but our bench is much better than the Spurs. The way to try to beat us is what Miami did to us and make us a stand still jump shooting team and clog the middle on us and say no to all dunks and layups. I knew we had probs with a sensational outside/inside mobile shooter, jumper and great all around player. The likes of Wade, Kobe, Lebron, but i never thought Wade could beat 5 players and i knew we would have a hard time inside on Shaq and Mourning.

Riley just made them stand still in the paint and if Wade could have missed a few shots we could have won. You both are so right but we got a faster and younger Buckner for those type players out front and we lost a good but older Griffin. George is a long lanky player that is not scarred and will fight to win. Van Horn would run off. Croshere will help us in a slow downed physical playoff game also. We are better than last year but the only thing that scares me if a team makes us stand still and start bombing like Finley with no movement. So you are right, if we could involve Damp and Diop any it would make us almost unbeatable because all of our outside then opens. Riley and Pop know this and even the coach from Chicago.

Remember we have sucked for so many years at center and we wanted a defensive center and we have two good ones. Damp does have fumble fingers at times and he shoots a very high % but he shoots very little.

I have seen at times and this was talked about in the Yahoo forum last year many times and people begged Avery to try anything for any offense inside with our two bigs but i have seen Damp set a screen up high for Dirk and Terry, then cut fast and run to the basket. Tim Duncan does this so much. I have seen Dirk, Terry and even Harris hit him with a great pass and dunk. Very easy basket. Dirk is a much better passer this year. Now Amare, Duncan, Shaq, Mourning, Z, and so many other big power forwards and centers must respect Damp next time down and now Dirk and Terry are outside wide open.

I agree with Avery, defense is most important but in a tight playoff game, any dunks and layups are a major plus and any baskets in the paint by your big men. If we are smart, we will have something up our sleeve with Dampier at playoff time. Even if he fumbles the pass some, we need to try to get him some baskets early, where teams won't just try to stop Dirk, Terry and Howard and leave the others open.

Our combinned centers have had a good year but i am with you on wishing we could go down low and get a basket or run some plays for them and especially Damp to open our game and players up more.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote