View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 06:24 PM   #18
Bathouse Bear

Bathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these partsBathouse Bear is infamous around these parts

[qutoe] I think the recent injuries to George and Buck (and the nagging dings to Dirk, JHo and Damp) have softened our defense. Before the knee injury to George, the Mavs were playing some of the best defense I've ever seen them play. They hung in there for awhile when George and Buck were out, but have been consistently burned lately by the opponent's "star" offensive players: Michael Redd, Marbury, Stoudemire, and even Artest last night. I think things will come back around here in the next couple weeks. I actually kind of liked having to go without Dirk last night as it forced George and Buckner to get more involved and they both played much better than they have shown lat[/quote]

I agree with you.
Our defense during the Laker game in January was insane. I think our defense has been a little soft the past few weeks, but I think it will come into shape now that Devean George and Greg Buckner are back.

Make no mistake about it, we could win the NBA championship without Buckner and George, but when they are both on their game , the MAvs go from being a very good team that could contend for the NBA title, to an awesome team that might be considered one of the all time best.
Bathouse Bear is offline   Reply With Quote