View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #9
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
At the company, I run Exchange -- hosted in house.
We are converting since the buy-out to Lotus Notes (I think it is a step backwards - but corporate policy).

For my personal business I use a company name powweb. Powweb offers IMAP and Pop boxes remote hosted and they are inexpensive. It also has Webmail, etc.

I did for years run a linux server with Cyrus, and have experimented with freebsd/Qmail, etc.

Now, if you need Exchange and not just an IMAP solution, I would probably try usa.net.

Personally, why outsource email, unless you only have 10 users or less. There are many mail toasters out there, and http://macallan.club.fr/MMS/index.html has one that I have used for a small business I support for years.
thanks for your help man. Well it's just that with two companies, we have 15 sites all over northern va, Maryland, and in D.C. So its a bitch for my and my boss to go out to all the sites, so we try and do everything remotely...but sometimes you gotta be there in person.

When i was hired on, they already had a hosted pop solution, a real mom and pop shop. In fact i grabbed an invoice from accounting. They only charge us $45 a month for 50 pop accounts. Pop was useful years ago, and is great if its for one person, but we need to share contacts and calendars and be able to get emails from any computer. So exchange is where it is at.

As far as USA.net, i have contacted them already, they are definately the most expensive. Something like $16.95 per user per month, for 200 megs storage, but i have heard they are one of the best, with the biggest market share. Not only that but i have some friends that work for some other IT companies who outsource and they use usa.net as well.

We just got too much on our plate with 15 sites, 2 companies, both running r2 with dfs namespace and dfs-r. We just moved to a new building and am moving another part of our company here in July. We got other shiiiit going on.....as you guys know..it never ends.....

Thanks for your help my friend.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote