View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #24
haywoodjay

haywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these partshaywoodjay is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
It should be an interesting series, but probably not that fun to watch. With Utah's big guys and Houston's half court style, we're looking at WNBA-type final scores (in the 70s). No offense, as I mean WNBA entirely in terms of the final score.

Both teams have completely owned us once this season. I would like to see the Jazz, if only for the purpose of heckling rockettrolls (not calling you one) for never getting out of the first round. And I'm pretty sure the Mavs would be heavy favorites against the Jazz too.

It will probably be the Rockets though, and here's why. For once, they're actually the better team in the first round. Although T-Mac has failed so many times in the past, he's had the lower seed and wasn't the favorite. They would be a tougher handful than the Jazz in the second round, but I still think the biggest problem in that situation will be all the rockettrolls cluttering the forum.

People have criticized the mental toughness of the Mavs because of last year's finals, but they have shown mental toughness in the past, e.g. Dirk is 4-0 in Game 7, and he had his famous and-one against the Spurs. On the other hand, the Rockets seem to have a much tougher time under pressure. A good example is the last Mavs/Rockets game. Did it not seem that in the final moments that T-Mac and JVG were just plain scared? T-Mac bricked the free throws and JVG wasted his timeouts too early. I'm aware that Dirk has missed big FTs in the past, and I'm aware of 13 in 35, but overall I just foresee psychological problems in Houston in the face of intense adversity.
i'm a houston fan born and raised, but i think this is a pretty good analysis. the rockets biggest weakness - by far - is that they are mentally soft. not an ounce of killer instinct in the whole team. when the game comes down to the line, you can damn near guarantee that the rockets will miss crucial ft's, miss defensive assignments, turn the ball over, miss wide open looks, or take a horrible shot.... and unfortunately, tmac is not the player he was 2 years ago.

when we're on, i think we're as good as any team in team inthe league... but we're missing that mental toughness that a team needs to win the title. it gets very frustrating.
haywoodjay is offline   Reply With Quote