Thread: The Imus Stuff
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Apr 12 - IMUS: 'WHEN WILL SHARPTON APOLOGIZE TO DUKE PLAYERS'?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Radio personality Don Imus has called out for justice in the Duke Lacrosse scandal, wondering where Rev. Al Sharpton's apology is for that false accusation.

Imus, while no longer part of MSNBC, is on the air today, and discussed the controversial case made against the white Duke Lacrosse players. "When will Al Sharpton be apologizing to them?" said Imus.

Imus also discussed MSNBC's decision. He discussed the fact that MSNBC had cancelled the simulcast "twelve hours before we were getting ready to conduct this radio-thon for these three charities."

Imus stated: "My position on all of this is not whining about the hideously hypocritical coverage from the newspapers -- from everybody -- or the lack of support, say, from people like Harold Ford, Jr. who I had my life threatened over supporting and all these kind of things. It all began, and it doesn't make any difference -- like [James] Carville said -- stop talking about the context, it doesn't make any difference. If I hadn't have said it I wouldn't be here. So let's stop whining about it...You gotta stop complaining. I said a stupid, idiotic thing that desperately hurt these kids. I'm going to apologize but we gotta move on."

Imus continued expressing his feelings: "The hypocrisy is absurd...Everybody knows what the deal is. And this is not over. This story does not end here."

He also said regarding MSNBC's decision: "I understand the pressure they were under. I'm not stupid."

Imus spoke with the mother (African-American) of a child who attended his camp. Imus said, "And I want to say to you as an African-American woman, I'm sorry for what I said...I want to apologize to all African-American women." The woman said, "Okay, I accept that."

Imus noted the support of arch rivals of Howard Stern, his own broadcast nemesis, the stars of satellite radio XM, Opie and Anthony: "I want to thank Opie & Anthony...I love them and I love what they do. I know they offend people perhaps more than I do. They're good loyal guys...Even Howard [Stern] hasn't been horrible."

Matt Drudge reports that "despite the controversy, Imus says contributions for The Tomorrows Children Fund and the Imus Ranch are 'way, way up' compared to this time in the show last year, which is significant because 'the money's more important this year than ever.' "

Drudge reported that MSNBC's Imus webpage was still up, with a statement and link to Imus' charities.

"I'm not surprised by any of this. I'm not surprised at the hypocrisy of Al Sharpton, of Jesse Jackson or any of these people. But you can't whine about it," aid Imus on the air.

"We can talk about all the good work that I've done forever, but I still said that. I'm not making any excuses. Everybody's got to stop whining and quit talking about it."

Drudge reports that Imus spoke of his future meeting with the Rutgers basketball players: "I can't go through the rest of my life -- nor can they -- without us having this conversation and me telling them how I feel and, more importantly, them telling me how they feel.
I guess Imus said if i'm going down Sharpton and Jackson are coming with me lol.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote