View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #63
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Yes, I can agree with that to a certain extent. But, my point was we are trying to solve this at a superficial level, Murphy. This guy was a monster, but he wasn't born a monster and he didn't become a monster because he was able to buy a gun. You are right about the wrong existential outlets for kids these days. Couped up in a room in the dark playing Counter-Strike at 3 am in the "all pistol" or "all knife" map could have easily played a role...(not saying it did)

This is complicated...so complicated that educated people are becoming narrow minded in their views of how to solve this. They forget that this didn't start with a purchase. It started early, real early... which is where your point really makes sense as I said above. We need to provide better outlets and better solutions for kids that are having problems at such an early age.
Word. People aren't born this way. Something shuts down and something else powers up. I don't put it on video games, rap artists or none of that. Something in our society isolates us. It's epidemic and marketing even has a word for it - "cocooning". No surprise, some people react poorly to it.

This dude taking his own life won't stop future occurances. He connected with the Colombine kids and some kid in the future will connect with this wild ass and the Colombine duo if something doesn't change on a larger scale.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote