View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #163
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueVan
you know dude, i did always find that funny about windfarms. they look TERRIBLE...

here's my opinion in a nutshell though. we have such incredible resources of money, education and ingenuity, we should be able to come up with viable alternatives for energy that have less of a lasting impact on the environment.

whether you think global warming is real or not, it wouldnt hurt to clean up the world a little you know? i know you think its "not economically feasible" or whatever, i can see that too. but, i dont think we should undersell our ability to invent viable solutions to these problems.
Should (and might, probably will wind up having to be nuclear or something like tremendously increased battery technology and paintable solar panels) but don't hold your breath and certainly don't think that changing over is going to be cheap or easy. I just read that canda is going to shelve kyoto for example (emissions up 24% since 2006) http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/kyoto/timeline.html .

Also don't kid yourself that big bad corporations are holding something back from the market, gasoline costs way too much for that to be happening.

Enviromentalists just don't realise how effective oil/coal is at providing energy. And I"m sure that AlGore isn't going to cut his electricity usage by 80%, nor is anyone else.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote