View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroh
(BTW, I'm a Warriors fan, but by no means am I here to troll)

Sorry.. first playoff victory since over a decade ago makes a bit giddy. Good game though! Wait, actually... no. Both teams were not nearly at their best yesterday. We're lucky Baron got so hot in the third. Anyways..

What do you guys want to do? We'll kill you guys if you try to match us in a small ball style, but what if you go back to your conventional line-up? The Warriors, don't forget, are also a legit 3 PT shooting team. If you were Avery Johnson, what would you do?
welcome and just for future reference to get more respect and not annoy the senior guys here, just add your thoughts to another pre-existing mavs-warriors threat. there are several of them already (way too many) .

anywho, glad to have a warriors fan that is not a troll on board! congrats on the victory indead. over a decade is a long time. we know exactly how you feel as we were there not too long ago.

I'd have to say it was not a good game for the Mavs. I thought the Warriors played awesome, they really impressed me on offense but more importantly on defense. However, I think this is more because of the small lineup that Avery kept putting out on the floor than it does of the Warriors defense.

holding the Mavs to only 85 is quite a feet. The mavs sucked though. They rarely could hit a shot. They could not make layups to save their life. They could not get any rebounds. And they turned the ball over too often. All this would contribute to the lack of points. The Mavs just had a lack of fire and determination to me.

Davis played one hell of a game. He was on fire in the 2nd half. We just did not have an answer for him at that time.

Changes that I think need to be made is that Avery puts back the normal lineup. We didn't win 67 games on the line up we played last night. If we go big, I think we have a better chance. We just don't match up well with the Warriors very well period but I think we will be better if going big. The big thing there is for rebounds and for clogging up the paint so there is no more driving to the basket. That may open up the 3 point shots more for the Warriors but they seemed to light up the Mavs anyway with us playing small. I'll take the chance. I don't see the warriors consistently being hot throughout the whole series.