View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
If Avery is the deserving COY this year, I don't think it's going to show up until late in the postseason. Clearly Avery has had the pedal down all year long, which is the prime reason why we won 67 as opposed to 60 or 62. This team has been in playoff mode all season.

But that won't be validated until the second season.
You don't give this team enough credit. Jet didn't play any more minutes this year than he did the last. The last time Dirk played fewer minutes was in his second season. Josh played more but only because he got better.

Avery didn't have the pedel down his players did. They hate to lose.

As far as coach of the year, I never thought much of the award because it usually goes to the coach of the team that exceeds the media's expectations the most and I don't trust them to set those expectations.

BTW, I don't exepect Mitchell to be back in Toronto next year. Colangelo's going to find a way to get Ivaroni in there.