View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #17
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
At the risk of sounding like cliché draft guy, I think they should (and will) with the highest rated player on their board.

We won't draft a QB, RB or TE. Everything else we could use.

Like most I'm intrigued by the WR's that will likely be on the board but then I have to ask myself: will there be a wide out that can contribute this year? I think the answer may be no. When you take into account the learning curve at that position, the 22nd pick may not be able to be able to beat out Patrick Crayton for the 3rd WR position. So if you draft one, there's a good chance you're drafting for 2008 when Glenn or Owens could be gone.

Honestly, I don't have a pet player that I'm hoping we'll go with in the 1st. I wouldn't mind taking a late flyer on Ramonce though.
i think my perfect draft would be trading the first and getting a later first and a 3rd or something like that and then having blalock have a jonathon scott type fall(though obviously not as far). Blalock may never make that many pro bowls but he is the kind of guy who has a 15-18 year career. i think that jarrett would have the best chance of any of the receivers that could be there of making an impact this year but i could also see him being a monumental bust. robert meachem physically is basically a roy williams(the receiver) clone. So id be thrilled if we got him. i want an offensive lineman on the first day and no defensive front 7 players and ill be happy. i would definitely take a flyer on ramonce. He really is a good guy despite the problems hes had and his story still seems exceedingly fishy to me.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote