View Single Post
Old 04-25-2001, 08:56 AM   #1
Jordan23TX

Jordan23TX is on a distinguished road

I thought about last night's loss & one thing about the game kept standing out. Here's a listing on the Western Conference playoff PG's: SA-Porter/A Johnson, SAC-J-Williams, LA-D-Fisher, UTAH-Stockton, Mavs-Nash, PORTLAND-Stoudamire, SUNS-KIDD,& Wolves-Brandon. Now there are common threads between 3 guards.....Jason Williams,Damon Stoudamire, & Steve Nash. These guys are all young but also they arent great decision makers. All 3 play a high risk/reward games. Maybe in time they may mature into better decision makers. The responsibility of a PG is to run the team, get the guys the ball where they want it , when they want it. Scoring to me is a bonus. The Mavs are a better team when Nash is the 4th leading scorer. He headed a nice 4th quarter comeback, but he wasnt getting others involved in quarters 1-3. The saving grace for SAC is they get good production from Bobby Jackson. The Blazers dont have faith in Stoudamire or they wouldnt have gotten Strickland, or play Greg Anthony 4th quarter minutes when he's healthy. Then our Mavs have um err.......Howard Eisley. I dont know how to address these issues, ..probably just go through the growing pains with the young PG, but to me its clear.....Our time isnt now.