Thread: Ka-BOOM!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 11:09 AM   #184
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
I'm curious, Do you think there has there EVER been a president that didn't have record tax reciepts during his term? Ever? even once?
I bet if you asked a hundred people, a majority would say G. W. Bush is such a president.

Quote:
these are both measures that grow over time. period. ...
are you saying policy doesn't affect these measures?

Quote:
lets look at the DJIA. It is at 13000, a new high. This is good, and I am happy. The last little run has been nice to see, and I'm glad to see that also. But..... the DJIA on April 27, 2001 was 10,735

so going forward that gives us an unual growth rate of less than 3.3% to get to 13,000 today.

I'm sorry, but that sucks.
Remember how it took a little dip? Remember the political link between the economy and the politicians that was repeated ad nauseum?

Call this thread a marker. I'm not hearing the good news elsewhere like I did in the 80s and 90s. I think there are people who need to know that the economy is allright. There are people who still blame the current "poor state" of our economy on Bush's tax cuts for the rich. If you already realize that the economy is doing well, and that it's stupid to focus on an administration only when the economy dips, then why do you read the thread?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote