View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #24
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much ever since Avery took the helm, I've believed the Mavs are the ones in control of every game of every series.

I get the sense that if they want to win, they win. Usually the only way they lose is if they make stupid mistakes. Either they're on a big run or I'm anticipating they'll break out a big run any minute. This is why I've found the past couple of years to be the most fun I've ever had as a Mavs fan. Not like the old Nellie days when I always anticipated the OTHER team making the big run eventually.

That's why I often get pissed off when they lose. Not because I think they're suddenly bad, but because I know they're good. I want to see that unstoppable Mavericks basketball dominate the league.

In this particular case, I didn't approve of Avery's small ball. What's worse is that somehow I was under the impression he wasn't going to play his starters in Game 2 either. The situation appeared to have a relatively simple solution and it looked like Avery wasn't going to capitalize. And if that happened, then the team wouldn't be living up to its potential. And like I just said, that's what bothers me the most.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote