View Single Post
Old 04-25-2001, 02:16 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I'm sorry but I think Trent is long gone. He just doesn't give the Mavs anything they need. He's not a great rebounder or a great defender. He did show some low post scoring skills in the 98/99 season, but he's looked terrible the last couple of years. And no, I don't buy the fact that he's injured right now. I think that Don Nelson just thought it would be best to kick his whining, non-contributing ass off the team, yet still keep his Bird rights (for trade value). With him on the IR - the Mavs can do that.

As for Booth - he is NOT a rookie. If he were, we wouldn't be talking about re-signing him, would we? But you are right. There is no doubt he'll be back.

There is one thing you can be sure the Mavs will do in the off-season and that is aquire a guard that can score (shoot the three). Other than that its pretty much up in the air. I think the Mavs will go after another low post player. Preferably one that can defend in the block and rebound. They would also like someone with a little offensive game down low too. Unfortunately there aren't too many available players with this collection of skill that are not named Chris Webber.

Doubting Fin is ridiculous. I'd bet my ball sack he'll be back next year.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote