View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #22
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough

Man I love Dirk to death but he's MIA. I know his stats are not nearly deplorable and that he's giving effort out there, but the thing that I think everyone sees that's missing is the fire and will. There's been no quintissential Dirk moments. No daggers...no "gasp" moment when he strokes 4 or 5 jumpers in a row. No jaw-dropping, spin-off-the-wrong-foot-trademark-and-1s. Furthermore, the look on his face seems to be one of bewilderment. I mean, give me pissed or frustrated or cocky...at the Warriors or at himself,..just give me something other than the space-cadet look. It's not stats that's missing, it's the leadership. This team feeds off of Dirk's elite-ness and right now, it's just not there. If it shows up tonight, Mavs will get the win. If not, it's probably over. Something tells me that we'll have to get this win tonight, in spite of Dirk...and it will take that to bring him out of his funk.

Yup, his stats are acceptable at the end of the day, but as any real Mavs fan knows...one who's watched Dirk lead this team, night in and night out...there's something missing. Dirk is not being Dirk.

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote