View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #83
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Yea he only lead all players in scoring, led all players in rebounding, led all players in offensive rebounding, led all players in ft makes/attempts.

All that while not getting the ball worth a crap from his coach and team-mates. Yea he didn't do much for his team last night.

Style points must really count because actual points don't seem to so much.
Notice I said "with 4 minutes to go"

With 4 minutes to go, he had 18 points in the biggest game of the season.

He did do other things for the team, and played his most aggressive game of the season, but he was STILL passing up shots in the 4th quarter.

Now, thankfully the final 4 minutes DID happen, and he put this team on his back and carried them to a win. I was simply pointing out that before clutch time Simmons was spot on.

And make no mistake, I'm not dogging Dirk. I was going insane those final 4 minutes like everyone else. But before that stretch, what was I, and most other Mavs' fans thinking?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-02-2007 at 09:12 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote