View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 05:38 PM   #118
SeattleMavsFan

SeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the roughSeattleMavsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
Avery said they're going to be throwing a bunch of different guys at Davis tonight. I expect a tight leash on some players though, like Buck and George. This really isn't a series that's working for them at all. They're providing little to nothing on offense and not doing too much on D, maybe they can roll tonight and in Game 7.

I still think Air Cro has to be the back-up to Diop tonight. Also, he needs to be as confident as he was for Game 5. Once he makes a decision, go with it all the way, but be quick and smart about it.

I think they have to be cautious with J-Ho, Diop and Devin, specifically, in terms of foul trouble. They need to be out there as much as possible tonight. Everyone obviously needs to avoid fouls, but those 3 specifically.
very good points. at least if we are going to use george or buck, they need to use good hard fouls.

air cro was huge in game 5. that guy has so much enthusiasm. he gave a big lift to the mavs, as he has done several times in the past.

obviously, foul trouble is huge, especially for those 3 you mentioned. Devin is the man in this series when he wants to be. He can drive the lane at will when he wants to and when he is not in foul trouble. Diop has been a beat on defense and had a good offensive game in game 5. obviously, we'd like to see Jho show up in the 2nd half. he's kicking ass in the first half though.