View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #95
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

ok, i'm officially giving up my bill simmons fan club card...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Simmons

Maybe a veteran team like the Spurs wouldn't be fazed, but the Cuban-era Mavs have proven time and time again -- in Miami last June, against Phoenix two years ago, even last weekend in Oakland -- that they have no qualms about folding at the worst possible times.
And the best possible time for folding is when? When the Suns folded last year? When the Lakers folded last year? When? I'll grant you that the Mavs aren't one of exactly 3 teams to win an NBA championship since the 2002-2003 season, but they damn sure aren't the only team to make a-bit-earlier-than-preferred exit.

and then there's this nonsense:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL SIMMONS
Sure, you can't discount Nowitzki because he has shown flashes -- like the end of Game 5, or his incredible 3-point play to save the Spurs series last spring
or the 50 he hung against Phoenix in game 5, or the way he just owned the first round against memphis, or the way he played in 6 games against the spurs before the game 7 3-pt play, or the fact that a healthy chunk of his career 40+ point games came in the playoffs, and on and on and on.....

fintastic was right -- if nash plays a mediocre game for 45 minutes and then has some late game heroics Simmons is bustin' a nut all over his keyboard. Bill Simmons is a guy embarrassed about the fact that one day after he wrote an article on how Dirk was no mvp, dirk played like an mvp.

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-03-2007 at 05:47 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote