View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think the two lasting images of this series that I will forever carry with me are Dirk shooting fade away jumpers over guys a foot shorter than him and missing practically every one of them. The other image happened in the third quarter tonight when Baron Davis got in the open floor, blew past his man, attacked the rim where Dirk was coming to help, and went right over him. Dirk didn't try to block the shot. He didn't even wave at the ball. He just let the man score. He immediately looked towards the bench like Avery was supposed to somehow bail him out.
The image I couldn't get out of my head was the one play in the third quarter where Dirk was content to pass the ball to Austin Croshere and watch him take it to the hoop. He hadn't shot in the quarter up to that point (that I can remember), and he was deferring to Austin freakin' Croshere. It was sad to see Austin Croshere have to do what our star player should have done all along. At that point, I knew our star player had pretty much given up.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote