View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #86
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Smoov, you're going off the edge. Dirk has come through for the Mavs way more often than Josh, especially in the clutch. We're all disappointed by the recent series but overall that's the way it is. I'm also tempted to think you expected more from Dirk than Josh to begin with, and since Dirk failed to meet the higher standard, you're now throwing him under the bus.

That doesn't mean Josh is better than Dirk; it just means Josh did better at filling his role than Dirk did. That doesn't mean the same thing will happen in another series against another team.
Yes, Dirk has came through more, but Josh is NOT a Superstar. Josh is Robin. Superstars take the good with the bad. That is life. Look at all the glory for Dirk when we won 67 games, so does he not take the blame for losing and for NOT showing up? Yes, he does.

This series is on Dirk alone. Last year in the Finals was on Dirk first, then Avery. This year, we can honestly say it was on Dirk. Dirk layed a goose egg in the most important game of his career. As it stands right now, Dirk proved why people dont give him the glory like the rest of the Lion-heart Superstars.

Even if Dirk had played a great series, and layed a goose egg on this last game, he would not get so much blame. We could point to the rest of the series for what he did. Not that this matters, but in this instance I noted, I would put T-Mac on this level. T-Mac is 0-5 in the playoffs, but we CANT say that he did not show up. We can say that T-Mac cant win a series. Big difference. For that, T-Mac gets some riff from some, but most will quickly tell you that T-Mac does his part.

I can honestly say, that Dirk has officially NOT showed up for the last two playoff series. Both of those series were the most important in his life. By the way, Wade was right about Dirk. And in this series, it was provem right. Until now, I kinda questioned Wade alittle bit with that statement, but now I cant.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote