View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #21
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
Unfortunately I didn't keep any files...I'm not tech savvy...but i recall a TV or radio interview that Cuban had. He indicated a phone call with another owner in which the outcome of the game was dicussed and pre-determined.

After that, Cuban's credibility was slowly destroyed...

To this day, I believe there is something to this and Cuban is stuck between a rock and a hard place. He, like the rest of the owners are after all, running a business.

If rat's out the league he will cost he and the league more money than we care to imagine...

I wish I could remember the details of the interview...he slipped and then he backed off and rephrased or something like that...but it was said and aired...only nobody at the time took it seriously.

It was discounted as a young owner overstepping his bounds. Either Cuban has gotten with the system, or those running the league have gotten better about how they manipulate the games and keep Cuban at bay.

The league is a business with the bottom line at hand...winning is only a show.

Recently there was a study regarding officiating and race...I wonder what would happen if they did the same study on a team by team basis compared to ratings and revenue generating?

At first glance we think it would be crazy to fix the league...it would take too many people etc...but take a close look, it would be a lot easier than any of us would think!!!

As someone who has refereed some youth sports...I know that I can influence, legally, the outcome of a game by the way I call the game...I can make an aggressive team passive and a passive team aggressive to the point that I can pretty much dictate who will win a game...yet nobody can prove it.

This can be done at any level and it is rather easy to do.
That's a true story. I remember it quite well. It was his second season as owner, if I recall correctly.

And remember, after a bad loss in the postseason last year, Mark Cuban was screaming at David Stern in the stands about the game being rigged.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote