View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 10:52 PM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
My point is that what we're discussing here is the best way to fix the Mavs. And in my opinion, anyone that thinks getting rid of Dirk for KG is a better answer than getting rid of Avery is nuts.
I'll certainly go along with that. I guess I'm just assuming that replacing AJ is the absolute last thing Cuban would do. Maybe I should rethink that.

Part of the reason the whole Nellie quitting thing, or whatever you want to call it, happened is that evidently it is against Cuban's raw instincts to let a guy go if he's going to remain on the payroll and get paid for nothing. I guess he feels like the guy is getting one over on him, and you know Cuban will NEVER stand for that, even it means cutting off his own nose to spite his face.

Cuban hated Nellie for two years before Nellie finally found a way to end the horribly dysfunctional situation. Cuban should have ponied up and fired Nellie a long time before--as he would have done IN A HEARTBEAT if Nellie didn't have a long-term contract.

So, anyway, I'm pretty sure AJ is staying aboard. Not just for that reason, but also because Cuban is not a basketball guy and he presumably wouldn't know who to hire if he did fire AJ. He could listen to Donnie...but we all know he won't.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote