View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 10:36 AM   #27
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
Great assessment and excellent post!!

Terry was a no-show for the series, I was very disappointed...

Dirk crawled into a shell...give credit to the Warriors for taking him out, but I also give blame to Dirk...it was as if his 'Nice' personality crept in and he became soft against his old coach. Don Nelson exploited every ounce of weakness in Dirk and now Dirk will have to respond in the offseason or this team may be headed south and fast!!!

Finally Kudos to Mark Cuban...for the most part he kept his mouth closed in the regular season and post season. If he does call it a day and put the team up for sale, I would love to hear his side of the NBA story...

Of course as a condition of the sale, the NBA may put some restrictions on what he can say...I would imagine that the money he gets from the team will be over time and not all up front. It's smart business on the NBA...yet I am reminded of early in his ownership when he let it slip that games were rigged...he has never gone back to this and has never made another comment about this...but the closer I watch this league the more I start to question how the league is run. Where there is smoke there is fire...

Think about it...what type of ratings would the NBA have if the Mavs advanced? It's a numbers game...as it is with the upset the ratings are going to be up...the Warriors had the largest crowd...the media was all over the upset...this is a marketing jewel...outside of Dallas, nobody cares or even notices. Stern is a marekting genius and he has pulled the wool over everyone's eyes...the Warriors will get knocked out and most likely now the Suns will be the team to represent the West...they have the Media Hype and Marketability!!!

Lebron will probably be the player to carry his team to the next level and be the next Superteam/Superstar...It's sad really...let the players decide, let the competition be the entertainment...we don't need the league to dictate what's good or not.

My apologies, but I am sick of what I have observed and how the league is manipulated!!! I'm bitter today and it will take me some time to come back around...
Please save your conspiracy theories. You would not be saying the league is rigged if the Mavs had won. I'm a big Mavs fan and we just got outplayed. You cannot rig basketball except for maybe having the refs give more calls to a certain team in judgment situations. You still have to make shots. And trust me the NBA didn't want Golden State to win, they love the circus that is Mark Cuban because Cuban = ratings. Golden State is not going to draw any sort of ratings from the east coast you can trust me on that. Their home games end at about 1 am on the east coast. There would have to be morons in charge to want Golden State to win. No one cares about Golden State outside of Oakland.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote