View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 AM   #101
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_VIII
One point that deserves mentioning: "run and gun" typically refers to a free flowing offense that places less emphasis on defense. In this style, points are given up rather freely with the expectation of getting them back quickly. GS did not beat Dallas by playing a straight up "run and gun" game. They played some great defense. They denied entries passes, doubled when the situation demanded it, and then recovered fairly effectively. A free flowing offense plus a consistent defense can win playoff games because it doesn't rely *solely* on the offense. I had not seen the defensive side of GS before this series. I have seen it come in streaks in Phoenix. In that way I see a shift from the "gimmick".
Defense has and always will win the championship. Offensive efficiency can greatly aid in the effort but cannot replace it.
Very good analysis. Spot on...