View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 10:17 AM   #164
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Now this is ironic. The one guy on the team that has busted his butt more than any other player, gets the other teams complete attention on being shut down and you think that jet is what stirs the mix. Are YOU sure you are a mavs fan?
I am SURE I am a Mavs fan...But I am also a NBA fan, so I call it like I see it..

I think the biggest problem right now looking at Dirk, is that too many fans are just Mavs fans, and give Dirk too many excuses for his poor play and statements that he makes at the WRONG timed. I dont give ANY Superstar an excuse, because they DONT deserve any. It comes with the territory. That is in ANY sport.

Anytime a player makes statements like the way DIrk did, plus perform like that, it gives way to the QUIT statements to come out. Lastly, why do you put Terry and Howard in on this? This is NOT their team. Neither one of them are SUPERSTARS. Terry could have played better, but he is OUR 3rd option. Howard played better than his regular season numbers in all stats.

The problem is that you want to give Dirk all the glory for the 67 wins, but when the shi* hits that fan, and Dirk chokes and makes QUITTER statements to the media, you want to give him a free pass. Dirk has had a free pass in the playoffs for the last three years. In his MVP year, he QUITS on his team b4 game 4 and after Game 5. Then plays well the last 3 minutes of game 5, then QUITS on his team in Game 6.

And people wonder why Nike did not have him on that Nike commercial with the rest of the Superstars? Now, I know why. Nike does NOT deal with QUITTERS. I know this is harsh on Dirk, but this is what Dirk needs. Maybe it will make him a better player, but for right now, he needs alot of soul searching.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote