View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #169
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Maybe they don't deserve excuses, but the reality is supserstars, on the biggest stage, fail more than they succeed. It's a fact.

I don't understand why his comments were quitter comments. Was it a wise thing to say? No. Certainly not. But Dirk has always been honest to a fault, and in that situation, he said what the majority of Mavs' fans were thinking, that if we went down 3-1, we were screwed.

It wasn't a quitter statement, it was just a dumb statement, seeded in honesty.

Not that his even matters, it's a stupid point to begin with, but Nike did in fact ask Dirk to be in that commercial. He turned it down because he was in Germany at the time and didn't want to cut into his already short offseason by flying back to the states.
Go back to the thread that talked about the NIKE commerical and why Dirk was NOT in it. Then find my comment on the situation, then maybe you can see that I knew exactly why Dirk was NOT there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Maybe they don't deserve excuses, but the reality is supserstars, on the biggest stage, fail more than they succeed. It's a fact..
If you believe that statement then you may need to re-think who you say is a Superstar. I dont even think that Dude would agree with that statement. Maybe you should change that statement to mean that Superstars in general fail more than they succeed. This is a decent statement, that even Jordan said himself.

But on the biggest stage, Superstars succeed more than fail. It is a proven fact. That is why makes them Superstars.

Those statements were indeed QUITTER statements. No way in hell do I EVEN think that way. I am an avid competitor and I would NEVER think that way. I ALWAYS think I can come back from ANYTHING. Not only will I say that, but I believe that. This is what Dirk is lacking. The ultimate believe that takes you to the next level when OTHERS would have QUIT.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote