View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 06:18 AM   #184
NYMavFan

NYMavFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
And you question me !!!!!!! Here above you acuse me of acting like I had inside information. But right now that statement you make a statement that acts like you know inside information.

Post the link that shows him talking about the commercial. Did you find my post that talked about this situation when it was discussed him on the message board? People were on here accusing NIKE/NBA of NOT wanting Dirk in those scenes with the rest of the NBA players. There you will see I knew EXACTLY why Dirk was NOT there. So dont get it twisted.

Now, I say again, Nike does NOT want Quitters on that commercial and they did not put Dirk in there. I guess they had foresight on Dirk

Ok, I will stop messing with you about NIKE NOT wanting Dirk there

If you looked at that thread you will see that I knew that Dirk could NOT attend the filming. I was being funny about the Quitter Dirk. But I do feel Dirk QUIT...He did, and deserves all the blame he is getting. When Dirk is playing well you give HIM all the credit, but when he stinks you want to blame Terry equally???????

Dirk NEEDS to be a man and take what he is getting. He brought this on himself.
Silk, calm down. It's true that Nike wanted him in the commercial. Here's a link (there are many more sources that confirmed this)

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/nwsl...r.1c63fba.html

Quote:
Q: I am wondering why Dirk isn't in the Nike commercial, "The Second Coming." As far as I know, he's one of the top athletes in Nike. Even Rasheed Wallace was in there. I mean, come on, how can Dirk not be in that thing? The only other person that's not in there is Vince Carter, but I'm pretty sure his contract is expiring with Nike. Is Dirk not with Nike anymore?

Steven, Leeds

MOORE: Missing the commercial shoot was Nowitzki's choice. Nike wanted him in it, but the spot was shot while he was in Germany. He didn't want to make the long trip and declined.

When people wonder why Nowitzki doesn't have a higher profile or appear in more of these type of commercials. The reason is it's not high on his list of priorities. From what I can tell, it may not be on the list at all.
NYMavFan is offline   Reply With Quote