View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 06:38 AM   #185
NYMavFan

NYMavFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMavFan
Murphy, not looking to start a fight here, but who are you to say what this board wants? And what makes you think that you and your basketball knowledge are oh so insightful while everyone on tv and radio is uninformed and stupid? On top of that, what makes you think you know more about this team than me?

Look, I titled this thread 'no one to blame but dirk' to grab attention and to emphasize my point. Any idiot can see that MANY things went wrong with the Mavs to cause this to happen. But the ROOT CAUSE for the series defeat was Dirk's play. You could've fixed every other thing wrong with the Mavs (Avery's coaching mistakes, JT's play, etc.) but I seriously doubt the series would've gone the other way if Dirk still played as passively as he did. I give credit to the Warriors--they were playing out of their minds. It would've taken a lot to beat a team playing like that, but it could've been done if Dirk had played aggressively. For whatever reason, he just didn't.

I'll tell you what Dirk could've done. I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again. HE COULD'VE BEEN AGGRESSIVE. I'm not saying he would've split double teams and scored 30 points by doing this. In fact, that's not what would've happened at all given the Warriors' strategy against him. BUT all he had to do was make his presence felt on the court, to let the Warriors know that they were going to have to work hard to take him out of his game. Unless you are blind or the biggest homer on the face of the planet, you HAD to see that Dirk wasn't fighting for position, wasn't demanding the ball, and wasn't making quick moves to put pressure on the D when he actually got the ball. His body language was HORRIBLE the entire game... it basically screamed "I'm a f'n pussy! Push me around cuz I don't have the balls to fight back!"

He CONCEDED to the Warriors and LET them take him out of the game. He gave up. And there's just no excuse for that.
First of all, I want to go on record saying that I don't think Dirk is a choker. I think he has some serious mental deficiencies, but I don't think choking is his problem. It's more of an issue with his attitude. He simply doesn't have the fearlessness, the nerve, the aggressiveness that a man with his level of skill should have. What was he thinking saying what he said before game 4? Why did he seem to give up during game 6?

Also, I'm curious as to why none of the Dirk defenders had a reasonable response to my earlier post above. I can only assume that they can't come up with a good one because they can't deny the truth.

Look, I don't have the spare time to post in high volume like many of the posters here, but I felt strongly enough about this to take some time to do it. I hope some people here are looking to have a reasonable discussion about this instead of engaging in childish name-calling (that means you, dude)
NYMavFan is offline   Reply With Quote