View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #189
NYMavFan

NYMavFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs Fan
I disagree with the OP completely. I think there is plenty of blame to go around. Hell, Dirk was being doubled before he got the ball in the high post. Where were the back cuts? Where was the perimeter guy that could make the defense pay for an early double? Where was the game plan to counter these early doubles? They didn't exist.

I don't buy the argument that Dirk is a chocker. He had a bad series. It happens. When your superstar (and yes, he is a superstar) has a bad game/series, the rest of your team has to step up, or the end result is what happened in your first round. No one to blame but Dirk? Hardly.
Wrong. Were you even watching the games? He wasn't being doubled before he got the ball in the high post. He was being bodied by a single defender. The double came once he got the entry pass.

A lot of others did step up. They were the reason the mavs were even in the games to begin with (Howard, Stack, Harris, Diop, etc.)

And I never claimed Dirk was a choker. Why don't you actually read the messages and stop wasting everyone's time?
NYMavFan is offline   Reply With Quote