View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 09:15 AM   #40
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Wow if we had Dirk and KG it would be insanity. We could set up shop like Utah. Have our center grab rebounds with the ability to rove around and hit jumpers (Dirk). Before everyone freaks out, just because Dirk would be a 5 in this scenario, doesnt mean he has to play like a 5. Think Okur. Our PF (KG) would be a banger/scorer/defender.

What would we have to give to get KG? Our first born? Could we get it done with Howard/Terry/Draft Pick? Then we sign Kidd as a FA?

This is probably impossible (because of cost). I don't fully understand how the caps work so bare with me.

Here is another idea that is kind of radical. I really don't want to trade Dirk but lets just examine the possibility. And obviously the Mavs will never trade Dirk so this is just hypothetical.

What about Dirk/Terry for Garnett/Davis? Then sign Kidd.

PG: Kidd
SG: Davis
SF: Howard
PF: Garnett
C: Diop

In all reality though, I think a push to get Kidd or Ford in here and sign a low post threat (or use the offseason to develop Diop offensively and include him more in the offense) would be most beneficial and obtainable. This probably means we lose Harris and/or Terry.

It also might go down that they target Kidd or J. O'Neal. If they get Kidd they develop Diop into the offense. If they get JON then they turn the reigns over to Harris and hope he can learn to stay out of foul trouble.

Last edited by MascisMan; 05-11-2007 at 10:05 AM.
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote