Thread: NVE to Pacers?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2002, 12:23 PM   #28
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Well he may not fit the Mavs needs but I look at it like some people look at the draft. You look for a particular player who fits your teams needs, if they're all gone, then you take the best available.

So if someone says to me you have a choice to choose Van Exel or Artest, Croshere and the 14th pick of the draft, I go with Van Exel. The reason being, I'm going with who has been more productive in their career? Van Exel.

Who actually has shown an ability to step up in the clutch? Van Exel although Croshere did ONE YEAR and hasn't done a damn thing since.

Now like I said, I don't think it would be HORRIBLE to accept this trade but really there's much more atleast that I would like to explore before I pulled the trigger on something like this. Also, Artest is a free agent this year so the Mavs would have to resign him. So even though we would be getting rid of NVE's contract we would take on Croshere and Artests new salary. I'd be willing to bet we would be able to work something out with the Knicks and actually get more of what we need and get a higher draft pick.