View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #56
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Dont confuse MLE exception with what I am saying. The only person that keeps bringing up MLE is Mary. Read through my posts, and you will see that I think Cuban is going to break the bank and go for Billups. As you know, that is the word on the street here in the Dallas area. I also stated that after next season, we lose alot of salary, so this does NOT place us under the salary cap, but that does place us under the luxury tax.

Seems that Mary does NOT understand how it all works, as she so claims. The 2006-07luxury tax threshold is $65.42 million, up $3.7 million from the $61.7 million threshold last season. Seems that maybe Mary is NOT as smart as you put on. So starting the 2008-09 season we COULD be under the salary and luxury tax threshold, so why not sign Billups?

I think the Pistons is going to either break-up some more, or have to take in another coach. If the Pistons collapse against the Bulls, I really think there is going to be alot of issues in Piston-land.
I understand enough to know the the LUXURY TAX threshold and the SPENDING threshold are...

wait for it....

wait.....

here it comes...

NOT THE SAME EFFING THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will STILL require a sign and trade!!!!

Furthermore, the Mavs are NOT in a position to be UNDER the salary cap in the next two years. Cuban will have to start trading alot of players for expiring contracts in order to make that happen.

Is anybody in there?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-16-2007 at 12:35 PM.